Thursday, November 16, 2006

"Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies"

I can hardly believe this:
On the November 14 edition of his CNN Headline News program, Glenn Beck interviewed Rep.-elect Keith Ellison (D-MN), who became the first Muslim ever elected to Congress on November 7, and asked Ellison if he could "have five minutes here where we're just politically incorrect and I play the cards up on the table." After Ellison agreed, Beck said: "I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.' " Beck added: "I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way."
So Beck's very first "question" to a newly elected Congressman after congratulating him on his recent win is "I'm not accusing you of being the enemy, but that's the way I feel"?? What does that even mean? He's not accusing him of being the enemy, he's just feeling that he's the enemy? And I'm sure he's got lots of evidence that "a lot Americans" also feel that way about him--a Congressman most Americans probably never heard of until he was pointlessly smeared as maybe possibly kinda feels like a traitor by CNN's Glenn Beck. That's cutting edge programming there, guys.

Media Matters has the transcript:
BECK: History was made last Tuesday when Democrat Keith Ellison got elected to Congress, representing the great state of Minnesota. Well, not really unusual that Minnesota would elect a Democrat. What is noteworthy is that Keith is the first Muslim in history to be elected to the House of Representatives. He joins us now. Congratulations, sir.

ELLISON: How you doing, Glenn? Glad to be here.

BECK: Thank you. I will tell you, may I -- may we have five minutes here where we're just politically incorrect and I play the cards face up on the table?

ELLISON: Go there.

BECK: OK. No offense, and I know Muslims. I like Muslims. I've been to mosques. I really don't believe that Islam is a religion of evil. I -- you know, I think it's being hijacked, quite frankly.

With that being said, you are a Democrat. You are saying, "Let's cut and run." And I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, "Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies."And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way.

ELLISON: Well, let me tell you, the people of the Fifth Congressional District know that I have a deep love and affection for my country. There's no one who is more patriotic than I am. And so, you know, I don't need to -- need to prove my patriotic stripes.
Lest I pick on CNN too much, did you see Fox News' leaked memo telling its anchors to look for evidence that the terrorists are "thrillled" with the Democratic congressional victories? Check it out. Pretty shameless:



Almost as cynical as the pre-planned pegging of Dems as the terrorists' favorite American political party is the sniffing about how the question for Democrats for the rest of Bush's term is "what's the plan for Iraq?" --a question Fox News would never think to ask the man who actually has to make those decisions, and who never thought to think of a plan before he got us there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home